Are you concerned about mold in your home? You should be. Mold is present in every building on the planet. It’s in the air we breathe. This does not mean that every building has a mold problem or a high mold spore count. It’s common knowledge that mold can cause damage to a structure. It’s also common knowledge that mold can cause or aggravate asthma, allergies, and other breathing and respiratory problems. Some of these problems can last a lifetime. Fortunately indoor air quality and indoor mold growth can be controlled and effectively treated in a safe manner.  Our website provides info on  mold

As President/CEO of a mold remediation company, we see many serious mold problems that were made worse because a home owner tried to eliminate a mold problem without educating themselves first, or because they relied on someone who wasn’t really qualified to handle a mold remediation job. Once of the most common myths, in our industry, is that a bleach/water solution will effectively kill or eliminate a mold problem. Chlorine bleach will kill surface mold however, mold in a home is almost never only found on a surface. Chlorine bleach contains ions that will not allow it to penetrate the surface of even porous materials such as drywall. This means the best you can hope for with this solution is to kill surface mold. The water from this solution will penetrate most of the building material surfaces, adding to the problem. This adds to the problem because airborne mold spores, even inside the walls, are searching for sources of moisture to attach themselves to. This is an organic food source for these spores. This food source allows these spores to colonize and continue to spread. This hidden mold is the biggest part of any mold problem. The mold that you can’t see is the worst part.

Many people try to rely on products from your local stores that claim to “eliminate” mold. Fact is most of these products contain the same chemical makeup found in chlorine bleach. If eliminating and controlling indoor mold were that simple we wouldn’t have an entire industry devoted to mold remediation. Proper mold remediation can be a very expensive process but it doesn’t always have to be. When completing mold remediation, an EPA registered fungicide and/or moldicide should always be used. They are registered for a reason. Exposure to many of these products are completely safe for humans and pets. Homeowners have to keep in mind that killing mold spores is not enough. If mold spores are not killed and removed you have not eliminated the problem. Dead mold spores can be just as harmful to a persons health as live mold spores. This is the key reason why remediation is a process. Killing mold spores is a step in the process, not the complete process.